If you are not happy, we want to know so that we can help.
Our goal is to have loyal and happy customers. We want our customers to be competely satisfied in all dealings with us.
TLC is committed to:
- listening to what our customers and brokers tell us.
- being accurate and honest in telling customers and brokers about our products and services.
- communicating clearly with our customers and brokers, and
- resolving any customer complaints or concerns.
This is part of our commitment to the General Insurance Code of Practice.
Customers are encouraged to contact us with the following messages:
"If you have a complaint please preferably phone the number on the back of your policy wording or call 0800 852 467 weekdays 8.30am to 5.00pm. Here you can discuss your concern with one of our team members."
"Send us the full details of your complaint, including any support documents and explain what you would like us to do." Mail to: PO Box 7006, Tauranga, New Zealand.
If you would like to come in to talk to us face to face, please call and we will arrange an appointment for a meeting. Phone 0800 852 467 for an appointment.
TLC COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
When first advised of a complaint:
- the complaint will be handled by a person who has authority to deal with it; and this person will review your complaint
- consider the facts and contact you to resolve the complaint as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours
- if the matter cannot then be resolved to your satisfaction, it will be referred to the relevant manager, who will contact you within 5 working days
- if you are still not satisfied with the outcome, it will be referred to General Management
- you will receive TLC's final decision in writing within 15 working days from the date you first made the complaint.
- if more information is required or we need to assess or investigate your complaint, TLC will agree a reasonable alternative timeframe with you.
And if the complaint still remains unresolved then you can undertake dispute resolution proceedings directly with the office of the Insurance & Savings Ombudsman as the selected dispute resolution scheme required under the terms of the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008. Contact details as below:
Insurance & Savings Ombudsman Scheme
PO Box 10-845
For further information, TLC Insurance Limited as the Lloyds Coverholder is registered as a Financial Service Provider (registration number FSP7261) in compliance with the above Act.