You may recall in our December newsletter we informed you that there would be some operational changes for TLC Insurance in 2022.
To that note, we have focused on our internal efficiencies and how these can be improved. One area of improvement was the way that we transact business which will come into effect from the 01 March 2022.
What does this mean for you?
Very little will change in the way that you transact business with TLC Insurance, these improvements are focused on an internal enhancement of the TLC Insurance process.
The new process:
- When you instruct TLC Insurance to bind cover (please inform us at this point if there are any optional extensions to be applied), our confirmation email will now include the following statement:
“Cover is bound by the terms provided above. Any placing slips and closings which are at a variance to these terms will not override the terms quoted above unless expressly noted and agreed”.
- At the time instruction is received TLC Insurance will transact the business & issue a financial summary (insurer placing) with a breakdown of premium, GST, brokerage & levies. This can then be used as a tool to check against what you are transacting.
- There will be no changes to the process of issuing a Certificate of Insurance.
- You will still receive a friendly reminder if we have not received your placings.
- Once we receive your placings we will send you a policy schedule. The separate financial summary (insurer placing) and policy schedule will replace our current invoice which is a combined financial summary and policy schedule.
- If there is an error on your placings, we will only ask for a correction if this involves premium, brokerage or levy charges. If there are variances in your policy schedule, such as the excess, this will not override the excess that was quoted and we will not ask for a correction. These changes are just one way we have improved the way we do business with our broker network which is important to us. If you have any questions regarding this process please contact one of our friendly staff.
0800 852 467 (0800 TLC INSURANCE)